How to upload your registration photo
You must provide a photo with your registration, which will become part of your Admission Ticket. By providing your photograph, you help us to ensure the integrity of the test administration for all students. Learn more about how we may use your photo.
Photos must be properly focused with a full-face view, be clearly identifiable as you, and match your appearance on test day. You will have the opportunity to crop and reposition your photo after uploading it. If your photo is not easily recognizable as you, we cannot admit you to the test center.
Choosing an Acceptable Photo
You can use any photo that conforms to these requirements. For example, you could use an existing digital photo, scan in a school picture or passport-type picture or take a new picture with a digital camera or smart phone.
If you choose to provide a photo for a test date prior to March 2013, it still must be easily recognizable as you, and conform to these requirements. Admission Tickets with photos that cannot be easily recognized as the test-taker cannot be accepted and you will not be admitted to the test center.
Choose a photo that:
- Shows only you – there cannot be any other people in the image
- Shows your head and shoulders only, fully facing the camera
- Does not have anything obscuring your face, such as hair, hands, shadows or glare
- Is easily recognizable as you and matches how you will appear on test day
Also ensure that your photo meets these specifications:
- It is properly focused; it should not appear fuzzy, grainy or have visible pixels
- It is properly exposed to eliminate shadows and "hotspots"
- Your digital photo must be at least 325 x 390 pixels
- If mailing in a photo with the paper registration form, your printed photo must match the size requirements of at least 2 x 2 inches and no more than to 2.5 x 3 inches
Make sure that head coverings, prescription glasses or other articles do not disqualify your photo:
- If you wear a hat or head covering daily for religious purposes, it may be worn for your photo. Make sure your full face is visible, and that the hat or covering does not cast any shadows on your face.
- If you wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo. Avoid glare from eyeglasses by tilting them slightly downward, by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
- Sunglasses are not acceptable in your photo.
Digital photos must be in one of these file formats:
Registering by Paper
If you are registering by paper, attach an acceptable photo to your Registration Form in the area provided in Item 24. Do not use a laminated photo (such as on an ID card). Write your full name, date of birth and high school code on the back of your photo, and then tape all four edges of the photo to the form, using transparent tape. Take care not to obscure your face or hair on the photo, or any of the information you have filled in on the Registration Form. Do not use paper clips, staples or glue.