How to upload your registration photo
1/24 , 3/14
You must provide a photo with your registration, which will become part of your Admission Ticket. By providing your photograph, you help us to ensure the integrity of the test administration for all students. Learn more about how we may use your photo.
Note: You are responsible for ensuring your photo meets the requirements below. Successful upload of your photo only indicates that it meets the technical requirements (correct file type and size). It does not indicate that your photo is acceptable for test day (e.g., recognizable as you, no sunglasses, no other people, etc.)
Photos must be properly focused with a full-face view, be clearly identifiable as you, and match your appearance on test day. You will have the opportunity to crop and reposition your photo after uploading it. If you are not easily recognizable in your photo, you will not be admitted to the test center.
Choosing an Acceptable Photo
You can use an existing digital photo, scan in a school picture, or passport-type picture or take a new picture with a digital camera or smart phone. You can upload your photo from a device or from Facebook. The photo you provide must be easily recognizable as you, and conform to the requirements noted below for you to be admitted to the test center.
Choose a photo that:
- Shows only you — no people are visible
- Shows a head-and-shoulders view, with the entire face, both eyes, and hair clearly visible*
- Is properly focused with no dark spots or shadows
*Head covering worn for religious purposes is acceptable
Avoid issues that make your photo unacceptable:
Test center supervisors have a checklist of things that make a photo "obviously nonconforming." You won't be admitted if
- One or both of your eyes are not visible or blocked (for example, if you are wearing sunglasses).
- Multiple faces are shown in the photo and your face is not visible or recognizable.
- Poor photo quality makes the person shown unrecognizable.
- You are wearing a hat or head covering (that is not worn for religious purposes).
- Your photo has been tampered with or digitally altered.
Avoid these common mistakes that prevent your full face from being viewable and recognizable in your photo:
- Some or all of your head is cut off in the photo.
- You are shown in profile or three-quarter view so only part of your face can be seen
- Your photo was taken too close up or from too far away
- Your photo is too blurry or light
Digital photos must be in one of these file formats:
Registering by Paper
If you are registering by paper form, your printed photo must match the size requirements of at least 2 x 2 inches and no more than 2.5 x 3 inches, as provided in Item 1 on the registration form. Do not use a laminated photo (such as an ID card). Write your name, date of birth, and high school code on the back of the photo, and then tape the photo over the barcode. Use clear tape around all four edges of your photo. DO NOT USE paper clips, staples, or glue.