Make Test Changes
How to change your test type, site, or date
11/8 , 12/6
Test Center, Date, or Which Test You're Registered to Take
Test date, test center, and test type (SAT or SAT Subject Test) changes must be made in advance; these changes cannot be made on test day. Test center and test type changes must be made by the date listed on your ticket in order to test on the same test day.
To make a change to your test center, test date, or the test you registered to take, you must:
Make the change by the deadline noted on your Admission Ticket (usually about 14 days before test day).Changes to your test center, test type or test date can be made online through your free account or by calling Customer Service Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET. Summer hours (after the June administration through August) for SAT Program Customer Service are Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
Pay an additional change feeElectronic payment is required to pay the change fee. PayPal is accepted online; otherwise a credit card (American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, or JCB) is required to pay the change fee. When making the change by phone, be ready to tell the Customer Service representative your registration number and test date, and the credit card information.
Print your updated ticket
Be sure to reprint your Admission Ticket if you make any changes to your registration information. If your Admission Ticket does not exactly match the information on the test center roster, you may be denied entry to the test center.
Photo or Other Personal Information
If you are concerned that the photo supplied does not meet the requirements, you can go online up to 5 days before the published test date to upload a new photo. Registrants must use or create a College Board online account for this purpose.
If you need to update your personal information (name, date of birth, or sex) after you’ve registered, you must contact Customer Service no later than the Monday 5 days prior to your test date, by 8 p.m. ET to make changes. No changes may be made after that time.
- You must provide a photo, which will become part of your Admission Ticket, with your registration. If you are concerned that the photo you uploaded does not meet the requirements, please use your online account to upload a new photo.
- If your name or other personal information you entered during registration (e.g., date of birth, or sex) is incorrect, please contact Customer Service. Please note that some changes require proper documentation and may take longer to process.
- Remember, if you are not easily recognizable in your photo, or if your name, date of birth, or sex is inaccurate, you will be denied entry to the test center on test day.
Note: You are responsible for ensuring your photo meets the upload requirements. Successful upload of your photo only indicates that it meets the technical requirements (correct file type and size). It does not indicate that your photo is acceptable for test day (e.g., recognizable as you, no sunglasses, no other people, etc.)
Test Center Closings
SAT Test Center Supervisors are instructed to notify local media outlets when their centers are unable to open due to inclement weather, natural disaster, power failure, or other problems. In addition to checking with your local media, you can find up-to-date information on the Test Center Closings page.
Changes to SAT Subject Tests
On test day you can change which SAT Subject Tests you are taking, except for Language with Listening Tests. There is no charge for changing from one Subject Test to a different Subject Test. If you add a test, you will be billed for the additional fee. Note that some students may not be able to change tests on test day if required materials are not available.
Students can add a Language with Listening Test (extra fee applies) or select a different Language with Listening Test (at no additional charge). Please note that only one listening test can be taken on test day.
If you are testing outside the U.S., you may not make changes to Language with Listening tests after the registration deadline.
Receiving or Correcting Admission Ticket
Your Admission Ticket confirms that you are registered to take a test on a specified date, at a specified test center. You must bring the ticket with you to the test center for admittance.
Before submitting your registration, review your preview Admission Ticket to ensure that your name, date of birth, and sex are accurate. These items may not be changed without calling Customer Service once you have submitted your registration.
You can make changes to your high school information, your address and your score report recipients online even if you registered by mail:
Access your personal My Organizer page
Make your changes
Click on "Print/Update Admission Ticket" to make your changes. If you registered by mail, you will need your registration number to access your ticket online. You can also make most corrections online, including changes to the college and scholarship program codes you designated to receive your scores. Once your registration is submitted, you cannot make changes to your name, date of birth, or sex without calling us at least 5 days prior to your published test date.
Print your updated ticket
Absent on Test Day
If you want to test on a future test date:
Transfer to a later date
Pay an additional fee
Electronic payment is required to pay the change fee. PayPal is accepted online; otherwise a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) is required to pay the additional fee. If you call, be ready to tell the Customer Service representative your registration number and test date, and the credit card information.
If you do not want to test on another date:
Once the test administration has taken place, your test and registration fees, including fees for services such as re-registration by telephone, are nonrefundable. If you are absent from the test, no score reports will be sent—it is not necessary to notify us. If you do not want to change your test date and would like to request a refund for any additional score reports you ordered, the Question-and-Answer Service, and/or Student Answer Service, please call Customer Service. Learn more about our refund policies.
If your center is unable to open on test day or if a misadministration or irregularity occurs, a makeup test may be scheduled, and you will be notified by the SAT Program. The following policies apply to makeup testing:
- Only registered students can take a makeup test. Students who have already tested during the same administration may not use a makeup administration to retest or to take a different SAT Program test.
- You must bring your updated ticket with you to the makeup testing. Access your online account and print a new, updated ticket with the makeup information noted on it.
- You may test only at the center for which you are registered or authorized.
- You may only take tests that you registered to take on the original date.
- You must take the entire SAT or Subject Test at a makeup administration. You may not take partial tests or specific sections of a test.
- Sunday testing is available for religious reasons only. You may not test on Sunday if you missed the test on Saturday.
- Question-and-Answer Service is not offered for makeup tests even if QAS was available for the original test date.
- The availability of makeup testing and the conditions under which test-takers are entitled to take a makeup test are at the sole discretion of the College Board.
- Access to your online essay image from a makeup administration will not be available until several weeks after the makeup date.