Idaho SAT® School Day
The most widely used college entrance exam — the SAT — is being given for free to all public school High School Juniors in Idaho. Even better, the SAT is being offered during the regular school day at the students' own high schools on Wednesday, April 17.
Online registration for the April 17 SAT opens on February 1. Students can use The Official SAT Online Course™ to practice for free.
The SAT showcases students' college and career readiness. The test provides a path to opportunities, financial support and scholarships, in a way that's fair to all students. The SAT keeps pace with what colleges are looking for today — measuring the skills required for success in the 21st century. Best of all, the SAT helps students find — and pay for — the right college that fits their needs.
Resources for Educators and Counselors
Whether you're an SAT Supervisor, SSD Coordinator or Guidance Counselor, we have the resources you need to support students through test day and beyond.
- SAT Online Course Toolkit - Your resource center for The Official SAT Online Course, including an online course tour, lesson plans, best practices and materials for students and parents.
- SAT School Day Guide for SSD Coordinators (.pdf/481K) - Staff who work with students who need testing accommodations can find important information in this quick reference to help them guide students in the application process and plan for the providing approved testing accommodations.
- Idaho SAT School Day: Understanding the College Board Accommodations Process Webinar (.pdf/2.5M) - This webinar provides detailed information regarding Services for Students with Disabilities and how to request accommodations.
- Students with Disabilities - Learn more about Services for Students with Disabilities and accommodations.
- SAT Counselor Registration Report - View online reports showing which students have registered for SAT and SAT Subject Tests™, were absent on test day, and much more.
Getting Ready for Test Day
The College Board offers many free resources to help students prepare for the SAT.
The Official SAT Online Course™
Access to The Official SAT Online Course is free for students, as a part of the SAT School Day in Idaho. It features interactive lessons, automated essay scoring and much more. It's personalized, comprehensive, easy to use and available anytime and anywhere.
To register for The Official SAT Online Course, each student will need a student access code — available from the school counselor. Here are the steps:
- Students visit the Registration page.
- They enter their student access codes.
- Each student signs in using his or her free College Board account.
Once students have registered, they can access the course.
The Official SAT Question of the Day™
Students can get The Official SAT Question of the Day emailed daily, for free.
SAT Practice Test
Encourage students to take the free SAT Practice Test. It's a great way to practice and become familiar with what to expect on test day.
SAT Study Plan
Help students create an SAT Study Plan personalized to their stage of testing.
How to Register
Registering for the April 17 SAT is easy. Students just need four things: an e-mail account, a free College Board online account, their EDUID (State ID) number and an Idaho SAT student voucher, available from the school counselor.
- Have students sign in to their College Board accounts. Any student who doesn't already have a College Board account can create one.
- Students click Register. Based on a student's current high school grade and Idaho home address, he or she will be offered a chance to participate in this program.
- Students select Yes when asked if they would like to participate.
- Students enter their student voucher codes and EDUID (State ID) numbers.
- They continue with registration.
Answers to Your Questions
Visit the SAT online for more information on the test.