Missed the registration deadline? Discover how you can still take the SAT.
11/7 , 12/5
Standby test taking is not permitted. In some cases, you can request Waitlist Status if you miss the last registration deadline, or if your paper registration has been returned unprocessed without enough time to resubmit it.
Waitlist Status may be available beginning from the last registration deadline up until five days before test day. Although every effort will be made to seat applicants who request Waitlist Status, we cannot guarantee that you will be admitted to the test center on test day. Those on the Waitlist are seated after all regularly registered test-takers have been admitted and if sufficient test materials, staff and seating are available.
Test registration on test day at the test center is not available. If your requested test center is closed due to weather or some other unexpected condition, your Waitlist request will be canceled and you will be notified. If there is still time, you may be able to submit a new Waitlist request for another center. Waitlist requests cannot be made for scheduled makeup test administrations.
- This is only available online — you cannot use the paper registration form or call Customer Service.
- You can choose only one test center and one test type (SAT or SAT Subject Tests) on any particular test administration date.
- You will be admitted to the test center on a first-come, first-served basis, determined by when you arrive at the center. You will be charged any applicable registration fees, including Waitlist fees, only if you are admitted to the test center on test day.
- All normal registration requirements apply, including the need to upload an acceptable photo.
- You must be able to print your Waitlist Ticket; it cannot be mailed to you.
- Fee waivers cannot be used.
- Language with Listening Tests are not available; all other SAT Subject Tests are available.
- This is not available for first-time Sunday testers. If you have tested previously on a Sunday, you may request Sunday waitlist status.
- Waitlist Status is not available in Cameroon, Ghana, Hong Kong, Korea, Macau, Nigeria, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Waitlist status is not permitted for test-takers aged 21 or older .
- If you are approved to test with accommodations, it is possible that there may be enough materials and space available for you to take the test on a Waitlist basis at the center. However, in most cases, specialized test formats and equipment will not be available.
Test day requirements
- The Test Center Supervisor makes all decisions regarding who is admitted to the test center on test day and those decisions are final.
- To be admitted you must present an acceptable photo ID from the country in which you are testing.
- You must also print and bring your Waitlist Ticket showing your Waitlist Status and any extra documentation for your testing situation (e.g., Eligibility Approval Letter) with you.
- You cannot make any changes to your Waitlist request on test day. If you are admitted to the test center, you must test exactly as specified on your Waitlist Ticket.