Canceling Your SAT Scores
10/3 , 11/7
Is it too late to cancel my scores?
If you feel that you didn't do your best on the SAT, you can cancel your scores if you do so within a few days. Once a request to cancel scores has been submitted, scores cannot be reinstated and are not reported to you or any institutions.
Two Reasons to Cancel Scores
You feel that you didn't do your best
Your equipment malfunctioned during the test
If your equipment fails during a Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 test or during a Language Test with Listening, you can request to cancel just the scores on the affected test, and still have the other SAT Subject Tests scored.
If your equipment malfunctions, you must:
- Report the equipment failure during the test
- Fill out and sign a Request to Cancel Test Scores form, checking off "Single SAT Subject Test (equipment failure)"
- Return the completed form to the room supervisor before leaving
- In all other cases, scores from all the tests you took on the same date will be canceled.
Two Ways to Cancel Scores
At the test center
After your test:
- Ask the test supervisor for a Request to Cancel Test Scores form
- Complete and sign the form
- Return the form to the test supervisor before leaving the center
After leaving the test center
If you choose to cancel your scores after leaving the test center, your written request must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the Wednesday after the test date. You cannot submit cancellation requests by phone or e-mail because your signature is required. Students with disabilities who test in school-based testing have until the Monday one week after the published test date to cancel their scores, due to the extended school-testing window.
Download and print the SAT Request to Cancel Test Scores form or write your request. You must provide the following information to cancel your scores:
- Test date
- Test center number
- Name of test you are canceling — either the SAT or SAT Subject Test(s)
- Name, address, sex, birth date and registration number
- Signature (required or the cancellation will not be processed)
Three Ways to Send Your Request
Fax to 610-290-8978
Overnight delivery via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail (U.S. only)
SAT Score Cancellation
P.O. Box 6228
Princeton, NJ 08541-6228
Other overnight mail service or courier (U.S. or international)
SAT Score Cancellation
1425 Lower Ferry Road
Ewing, NJ 08618
The mailing or fax label should read: "Attention: SAT Score Cancellation."