About the SAT
10/3 , 11/7
- What is the SAT?
- What does the SAT test?
- How can I do my best on the SAT?
- What is most important in college admission?
- Which SAT questions make it onto the exam?
The SAT doesn’t test logic or abstract reasoning. It tests the skills you’re learning in school: reading, writing and math. Your knowledge and skills in these subjects are important for success in college and throughout your life.
- The critical reading section includes reading passages and sentence completions.
- The writing section includes a short essay and multiple-choice questions on identifying errors and improving grammar and usage.
- The mathematics section includes questions on arithmetic operations, algebra, geometry, statistics and probability.